segunda-feira, 18 de maio de 2009

Apesar da pole position Marc Marquez tem queda no MotoGP 125

Race incident and wet circuit spoil Marquez's chances of top result
Red Bull KTM Moto Sport Racing's Marc Marquez saw his chances of a top result disappear on Sunday in the 125 cc GP at Le Mans when a race incident and a wet circuit put him out after scoring his first ever pole on Saturday.
The team's hopes were high for the 16-year old racer after he became only the second youngest ever 125 cc pole sitter but it was clear from the start of the race that the prevailing wet conditions were going to add a dangerous element. In the end, 18 riders, more than half the field, failed to finish with Red Bull KTM teammate Cameron Beaubier and Red Bull Rookie Sturla Faugerhaug, who was riding with a wild card for the team also on the list.

Nowhere to go for Marquez
Marquez, who scored his first podium in the last GP at home in Spain, was riding right on the tailpipe of another rider when he crashed leaving Marc nowhere to go. "I was riding quiet comfortably. We had found a good set up and my KTM was working very well. It was just bad luck when a rider crashed right in front of me and I couldn't avoid him. The bike was only a bit damaged. I tried to continue racing but the handle bar was bent and I could not race comfortably. Then I crashed again in the straight and after that I had to return to the pits. The positive thing about this weekend was my first ever pole and the fact that I was riding in a good place when I crashed. Now I look forward to the next round in Mugello."

Beaubier possible fracture wrist
The team's 16-year-old American Cameron Beaubier, who was also on track for his best result, fell victim of the wet rack and slid off out of contention. Early indications are that the young rider has a small fracture in his wrist, team manager Francesco Guidotti reported. "Cameron has a little fracture in his left arm close to the wrist. Due to his young age, part of the fracture is in the softer part of the bone. He still is in Clinica Mobile where the doctors will decide what the next steps will be. It looks unlikely that he will be able to race in Mugello but we have to wait the next couple days to know more," Guidotti said.
Doctors later confirmed that Beaubier had a hair line fracture on the outer part of the wrist and the team confirmed he will now return to Barcelona, possibly have a further medical check there and would be at Mugello, even if only as a spectator. Cameron, as one of the younger riders, has youth on his side and the fracture is expected to heal quicky.

Race experience for Fagerhaug
Meanwhile Red Bull Rookie Sturla Fagerhaug, racing in his first 125 cc GP for the team with a wild card started at the back of the field as the last qualifier and was also looking solid before his crash. "I had an ok start. I passed a couple of guys and was riding at a steady pace. I was getting more confident about the grip level and lap by lap I was trying to catch the group in front of me. Then I lost the rear," he said, adding that it was difficult to judge the grip level. "It is quiet annoying because I was in the top 15. The bike was okay, except for some small problems I could see, so I rejoined the race but then I crashed out again and that was it. I didn't really manage to do what I hoped this weekend but the weather made things difficult. I hope to do better next time.

Results
1. Julian Simon, Spain, Aprilia, 47'08.273
2. Jonas Folger, Germany, Aprilia, 47'35.357
3. Sergio Gadea, Spain, Aprilia, 47'39.189
4. Bradley Smith, Britain, Aprilia, 47'39.803
5. Takaaki Nakagami, Japan, Aprilia, 48'17.508
Other KTM
Marc Marquez, Spain, KTM, DNF
Cameron Beaubier, USA, KTM, DNF
Sturla Fagerhaug, Norway, KTM, DNF
Standings
1. Julian Simon, Spain, Aprilia, 55 points
2. Bradley Smith, Britain, Aprilia, 49.5
3. Andrea Iannone, Italy, Aprilia, 46.5
4. Sergio Gadea, Spain, Aprilia, 38
5. Jonas Folger, Germany, Aprilia, 33
Other KTM
8. Marc Marquez, Spain, KTM, 27
24. Cameron Beaubier, USA, KTM 1

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário